A nonviolent, noncompetitive Japanese martial art emphasizing mind-body harmony, balance, relaxation, and the understanding of vital energy.
Aikido class overview:
1. Learning how to work together will be essential in helping to build a better community in the Edmond area. Once our membership begins to grow we will assist different organizations within the Edmond community.
2. Building good health will be central to this Aikido class. The beginning of class will consist of special targeted rehabilitation exercises to target both old injuries and prevent new injuries.
3. This will be a skill-based class. Techniques will be taught with the emphasis on developing the skills underline the techniques. The skill development approach will allow the practitioner to apply these principles to any martial art they want to study or are studying currently.
4. Each person has a different reason for training Aikido. This may include stress reduction, health promotion, and a variety of other reasons. It is our goal to support each individual student in their own path of discovering how Aikido can benefit their life.
5. Ultimately, it is my goal to develop excellent Aikido teachers to support the community and contribute to teaching the Aikido classes.
We look forward to seeing you in class. Please reach out if you have any questions.
~Paul Frank Sensei
Articles for Aikido
- Training Katori Shinto Ryu Increases Aikido Proficiency (Video) (10/2/2019)
- Aikido Jo Beginner and Advanced Principles (Video) (9/9/2019)
- How to Fold a Hakama (Video) (7/23/2019)
- Connecting Through the Sword (10/7/2018)