There are no upcoming events at this time
The Budo Society
Welcome to the sword, the fist, and the path. Enter the way of the warrior, found within the way of the sword, the way of the fist, and perfected within the efficiency of energy. There is no shortcut to mastery, so train hard, train seriously, and train daily.
We practice classical martial arts that originate from the Japanese samurai warriors and the Okinawan warriors of the fist. We practice empty-handed and with weapons. Weapons teach one to deal with speed, timing, and distance that helps any art. The weapon becomes an extension of the body, the mind, and the breath. Going beyond hand to hand and mind to mind combat. Be smart. Weapons teach one to re-evaluate and go beyond the moment.
- Fundraiser for the American Cancer Society (3/24/2023) by Walter Heitman
- What martial arts training taught me about resilience | Wayne Stein | TEDxUCO (11/3/2022) by Walter Heitman
- Wednesday Katori class moved to Thursday (5/28/2022) by Walter Heitman
- How to Draw a Japanese Sword – Basics and Safety (VIDEO) (4/1/2021) by Walter Heitman
- Warmup for Improving Katori Shinto Ryu Technique (VIDEO) (12/9/2020) by Walter Heitman